Barbican Theatre, Plymouth seeks a UK based professional actor for a re-tour of Why Would You? by Jon Nash. This is a show with accompanying workshops commissioned by Next Steps South West (Plymouth University, Plymouth Marjon University, Plymouth College of Art, South Devon College, City College Plymouth, Strode College, PETROC). This Theatre and Education programme aims to support and encourage more young people to think about the benefits of higher education, student fees and funding.
The project aims to challenge attitudes, stimulate debate and overcome misconceptions around student fees and funding, resulting in the breaking down of finance as a barrier to young people’s views on going to university. The target audience will be Years 9-12 (14 to 17 year olds) and their teachers.
- At 20 schools over four weeks 21 January – 15 February 2019
- Must be of playing age of between 16 – 22 years and be confident to lead workshops with young people 14 – 18 years.
- UK based actor
- Total fee: £2,898 (6 weeks @ £483 per week) ITC Equity Rates
- Rehearsal Period: 2 weeks from 8 – 19 January 2019
- Touring: 4 weeks from 21 – 25 January in Somerset (with overnight accommodation stays supplied) and 28 January – 15 February 2019 in Devon and Cornwall (travel from Plymouth base)
If you are interested in this vacancy, please download an Application Form from the link below and return it along with a copy of your headshot, before the deadline. Additional information will be accepted, but Application Forms MUST be submitted to be considered for this role.
Once completed please email to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to James Woodhams, Barbican Theatre, Castle Street, Plymouth PL1 2NJ (please note applications received without a headshot will not be considered).
CLOSING DATE: 12pm Wednesday 21 November 2018
AUDITIONS: 12pm – 3pm Thursday 29 November 2018