Casting - Female Actor
One Day Creative is on the lookout for:
- a talented, female actor for a multi-role position (age 17-35) in one of our celebrated children’s Theatre in Education (TIE) performances
We are casting for our brand new “Let’s Talk About It” tour in June 2018. “Let’s Talk About It” is a vibrant yet educational performance all around mental health and emotional wellbeing. It will be touring for 4 weeks beginning June 2018, with rehearsals the last week of May.
We are looking for a talented female actor to join our cast.
Who are we?
Our shows are high quality, lively and energetic. We are very proud of the productions we create, offering our young audiences the perfect introduction to live theatre. Our style is highly interactive, and incorporates animations, original music and magical scenery. For more information on our shows please see our website www.onedaycreative.com/performances.
We like to work with the same performers on a regular basis, so once you become part of our team you will have access to our social networking groups, regular training opportunities and ongoing offers of performance tours throughout the year.
What are we looking for?
You will need to love performing, working with children and have an interest in education! A good general level of fitness, plus a good standard of singing are also vital. We are a touring company, so please remember that you need to be prepared for the inevitable rigours of touring: being away from home, spending lots of time with the same faces, early starts, get-ins, get-outs, lifting and carrying.
You will also need to be organised, computer-literate and have a good manner both in person and on the phone. You will be the face of One Day Creative and our schools and theatres have come to expect a high standard. We are looking for people that want to work hard and are motivated to deliver the best of the best!
You will be paid £300 – £330 per working week and we will also provide and pay for all accommodation and travel throughout your contract.
We would prefer you to have a clean UK driving licence and a fully enhanced CRB/DBS check. Please ensure you stipulate clearly if you have either or both in your application. If you are unsure please email.
Would you like to apply for the job?
Video applications for this role are open immediately for consideration, please find more details on this below. If you cannot make a video application but would still like to be considered for this role, please send your CV and covering letter explaining why you’re the right person for the job to email@example.com. Please note that we will be holding auditions for those who haven’t done a video application.
Video Audition Requirements
Please send your video via dropbox link or any other way suitable to email firstname.lastname@example.org. Your video audition should include the following:
- Introduction – why you are interested in working for One Day Creative Performances as an actor on one of our tours?
- What key skills you think an actor needs to have whilst on tour with a children’s theatre company?
- State your experience working with children in a creative capacity.
- Sing a short song acappella or to a backing track of your choice. The song can be anything that you already know and are comfortable with.
- Perform a short piece of movement or dance. This is open to your interpretation and we understand experience level will vary from person to person.
- Perform a short monologue displaying character work of your choice.
- Clearly state if you are a driver / hold a DBS and are willing to travel.
- Any other information / skills you would like to tell us!
Deadline for all applications is Friday 4 May 2018.