PLEASE READ CAREFULLY AND ONLY SUBMIT IF SUITABLE
CASTING - OUT OF JOINT THEATRE COMPANY
OPEN AUDITIONS: OUT OF JOINT 2020 TOUR
Out of Joint are delighted to invite you along to audition for roles in our 2020 tour.
We can’t yet reveal the name of the play but it will be a co-production with Kiln Theatre and CAST in Doncaster.
Rehearsals start 27th January 2020 in London, then move to Doncaster on the 17th February and will run until first performance on 28th February 2020.
Tours dates are week of 2nd March – week of 22nd June
HOW TO APPLY
***DEADLINE 10:00 MONDAY 30th SEPTEMBER***
1) Please read the character description carefully (below). We can only see people who can fully meet the descriptions. Please remember all roles will need to be able to sing to a good standard.
2) We will be auditioning in Doncaster on Monday October 7th and Tuesday October 8th and in London on Wednesday October 9th.
3) Please fill in the audition request form before the deadline, you will be asked to choose a part, give your availability and upload a spotlight / CV and a headshot. We will not be able to see people who request a slot after the deadline.
Audition request form: https://forms.gle/MDkvzKwzSQFv25Tv7
4) We will see as many people that reach the criteria as possible, if we do not have enough capacity we will assign audition slots based on how well someone fits the casting descriptions. We are also particularly interested in people who are from Yorkshire, PoC and people who are disabled.
Spaces are limited and we may not be able to see everyone who applies.
5) If we are able to offer you an audition, we will send you an email directly confirming the time slot and with the necessary materials for the singing / acting audition.
- CHARACTER 1 – Male, late Thirties. Ex-union rep. Married to Ellen. One son, Stephen. Solid, reliable, steady. Caught the end of the Second World War as a soldier in a Yorkshire regiment.
- CHARACTER 2 – Male, late thirties. Chubby. He is one half of the comic routne that the group performances as part of their act. He is married to Brenda, who is pregnant with their fourth child. They have three girls. He loves being a father. He is good at it.
- CHARACTER 3 – Male, mid thirties. He is a widower, with three children that have been farmed out. He is forever guilty at his inability to retain his family unit, and is desperate for a woman to take him and his kids on. He sometimes plays the comic stooge to CHARACTER 2 in the act. A little slow on the uptake sometimes.
- CHARACTER 4 – Male, nineteen. Feels he’s at the start of something about to happen in music, wants to be a part of it. Has a girlfriend, Sandra. And a guitar – for a while.
Basic guitar skills are highly desirable for this role.
- CHARACTER 5 – Male, Could be anywhere between thirty-five and fifty-five, in that he has always looked ‘old-fashioned’. He lives with his mother on the edge of the pit village – Not one of the two up, two down terraces – an Edwardian semi – from where he gave music lessons for a number of years. He is the musical director and founder of the group, the accomplished pianist. He works in the offices as a mining engineer. He works part-time as choirmaster at the church.
Ability to play some piano is desirable for this role.
If you have any access needs that you’d like to discuss, please get in touch with Thomas@outofjoint.co.uk