PLEASE READ CAREFULLY AND ONLY SUBMIT IF SUITABLE
CASTING - ERRACTICA - NEW THEATRE PIECE
Musical Performers Required Leading multidisciplinary arts company ERRATICA are developing a new piece based upon Raymond Carver’s iconic collection of short stories What We Talk About When We Talk About Love.
We are looking for:
- four multi-talented performers who can sing, dance, and act .
The piece involves spoken and recorded text, foley sound design, dance and choreographed movement, as well as unaccompanied and accompanied singing.
We are seeking musical theatre performers capable of performing complex arrangements.
An interest in diverse musical theatre styles - folk, gospel, rock - is essential, and classical training is helpful but not essential.
Experience singing as part of a choir or chorus is preferable.
In addition to singing there will be considerable choreographed movement in the piece in the style of contemporary dance and physical theatre.
There are various text-based scenes including a ‘straight’ theatre scene, so strong acting is also required.
American accents may be required.
The development process will include short public sharings.
If applying, please indicate why you are particularly interested in, or suited to, the company. Visit our site, www.erratica.org, for more information about our work and our ethos.
- Female; 20 – 35 years
- Female; 35 – 55 years
- Male; 20 – 35 years
- Male; 35 – 55 years
- Week 1: w/c 3rd June 2019 - The Point, Eastleigh
- Week 2: w/c 12th August 2019 - The Place, London
- Week 3: w/c 2nd September 2019 - The Lowry, Salford
- Public Sharing: 21st & 22nd September 2019 - The Place, London
- Development weeks: £500 per week
- Public Sharing: £120 per day
- Accommodation / meals provided when outside of London
Please send a CV and headshot to George Warren at: firstname.lastname@example.org
***Deadline 10th April 2019***