PLEASE READ CAREFULLY AND ONLY SUBMIT IF SUITABLE
CASTING - GRAMOPHONES THEATRE COMPANY
The Gramophones Theatre Company are looking for a performer to devise and perform in a new children’s theatre show. Aidy the Awesome is a new aerial theatre show for children 4+ and their families. The show tells the story of a Grandmother and Granddaughter Super Hero duo.
The Gramophones are a playful, all-female theatre company, who use inventive storytelling, physical theatre, clowning, circus to create accessible theatre with a focus on women’s voices.
- Performer/Multi-roller: Ron De-chocolate/Charlie/Various super Grannies
Ron De-chocolate is the baddy of our story. Ron has been stealing the superhero’s successes and claiming them as their own. Ron goes one step further and takes the Super Nana’s powers too. Ron appears charming and smooth but underneath is revealed to be a pathetic troll.
Charlie- A class mate of Aidy, 8 years old- Charlie takes credit for Aidy’s art work at school
Super-Grannies- We will work with the performer to create a variety of non-stereotypical Granny characters
We are looking for a female identifying or non-binary performer.
- Happy working at heights of approx 4m / clambering around a structural set
- Physical theatre training/experience
- Devising experience
- Ability (or willingness to learn) how to build an aerially-rigged theatre set.
- Performer counterweighting, rock-climbing or harness experience
- Clowning or comedy experience
- Base in the East Midlands
- This role is for someone ideally heavier than 10stone / 63kg / 140lbs.
May 28th and 29th Rig Build practice TBC
June 1st-5th- R and D Lakeside Arts Nottingham
June 8th-12th– R and D Déda Derby
July 13th-17th- Rehearsals Circus Hub
July 20th-25th- Rehearsals Lakeside Arts Nottingham
26th- Lakeside Shows
27th- Get in at Curve Leicester TBC
28th-29th- Curve shows TBC
30th- Get in at Déda, Derby
31st- Déda show
Please send your CV and a short paragraph about why you are interested in this project. Paid at ITC rates. We encourage applications from POC. Please email Hannah Stone at email@example.com
**Deadline 24th February, Auditions in Nottingham 11th March**
source: The Gramophones Theatre Company Facebook