Audition Notice! - The Night Tree
We are currently seeking dancers for a new production, The Night Tree. The Night Tree will be an adaption of the book by the same name by Eve Bunting. The story explores the beautiful journey of a family who go into the forest and decorate a tree for Christmas with edible decorations for the birds and animals.
We are looking for:
- 1 performer who is confident in contemporary dance technique, devising, collaborating and has a confident singing voice. A desire to work on a family dance production is essential.
We are also interested in developing relationships with dancers for future projects.
The audition workshop will take place on Monday 21 May with a call-back on Tuesday 22 May 2018 in London (location TBC).
Supported by Gulbenkian, University of Kent, Pavilion Dance South West and using public funding by the National Lottery through Arts Council England. Rosie Heafford – Second Hand dance is a Pavilion Dance South West Dream artist. Produced by Claire Summerfield at www.tandemworks.uk
ABOUT THE AUDITION WORKSHOPS
Invitation only audition with improvisatory tasks and voice workshop.
We are looking for male and female performers with the following qualities:
- Excellent devising and improvisation skills and a willingness to work collaboratively
- Excellent movement technique; quick to generate movement and an eye for detail
- Confident singing voice
- Confident with partner-work and contact improvisation
- Interested in performing for and interacting with children and family audiences
- Interested in collaborating on a show with the natural world at its heart
We aim to be inclusive in our casting and are actively seeking applications from a diverse range of backgrounds and body types.
Performers must be available for all the following weeks
- 2-6 July 2018
- 3 – 15 September 2018
- 19 Nov – 7 December 2018
- 9 - 24 December 2018
Rehearsal locations are to be confirmed. Performances will be in Canterbury and Bournemouth.
£500 per week
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a CV, performance footage and a covering letter or video application explaining why you would like to work with us to email@example.com by 4th May 2018. Successful applicants will be notified by 15 May 2018. Please let us know in your application if you have any access requirements.