CASTING - PAID TRAINING OPPORTUNITY
JOIN THE LYRIC ENSEMBLE FOR LYRIC HAMMERSMITH THEATRE’S PANTOMIME - CINDERELLA
We are looking for:
- 6 young and exciting performers (aged 18-25) who are keen to train on the job and form the Lyric Ensemble for this year’s production of Cinderella
Written by Jude Christian and directed by Tinuke Craig.
The Lyric's traditional panto returns in 2019 with Cinderella.
The Lyric Ensemble make up an integral part of the pantomime. You will feature in many scenes and musical numbers - singing, dancing and acting. No previous experience is necessary but you must have a strong passion for musical theatre and pantomime.
NB: THIS IS A TRAINING OPPORTUNITY AND NOT A PROFESSIONAL ENGAGEMENT. THEREFORE WE CANNOT ACCEPT APPLICATIONS FROM THOSE UNDERTAKING FORMAL TRAINING AND/OR WHO ARE ALREADY REPRESENTED BY AN AGENT.
As part of this opportunity you will;
- Be paid the National Minimum wage per hour.
- Develop singing, dancing and acting skills whilst working with an established creative team
and a company of professional actors.
- Perform in over 70 shows to a projected audience figure of 36,000.
- Be able to attend an Audition Masterclass with the show’s Director, Tinuke Craig.
- Receive pastoral care and support from our Creative Youth Worker (Charlie Farrant),
Producer: Emerging Talent (Lara Taylor) and Producer (Helen Matravers).
- Get the chance to have individual workshops on budgeting, contracts and writing letters to casting directors and agents.
- Have a meeting with an Equity representative about how to join Equity.
ENSEMBLE REHEARSAL SCHEDULE:
Musical Theatre Bootcamp: Monday 14 October – Saturday 19 October 2019
Rehearsals: Monday 21 October – Saturday 16 November 2019
Performance dates: Saturday 16 November 2019 – Sunday 5 January 2020
You must be able to attend all the dates and there can be no days which you are unable to do. WANT TO AUDITION?
Audition Masterclass: Wednesday 14 August 2019 [6pm-9pm]
Audition Day: Saturday 17 August [10am-6pm]
Places on the audition masterclass and audition day are allocated on a first come first served basis.
**Application deadline: Fri 9 August, noon**
If you have any questions, contact Fiona via the firstname.lastname@example.org email address.
You can expect the usual mix of live music, crazy characters, awesome adventure, singing, dancing, villainous baddies and heroic goodies.source: @LyricHammer