CASTING - 2Faced Dance Company Artists (MALE)
- 2Faced Dance seek two male dancers to join the company for our 20th Anniversary Year
As we enter a milestone (20th) year for the company, we seek applications from dancers who want to work across a range of performances and projects in multiple settings. We create new work that appeals to different audiences and are looking for versatile dancers with strong contemporary dance technique and contact experience who are interested in developing new skills.
You will tour nationally and internationally from our base in Hereford. We work with a range of communities, in various settings across a range of scales. All Company Dance Artists lead workshops, assist on residencies and work with our youth company and community class programme. We seek open minded people willing to push themselves in new directions, be a team player, work hard and are open to learning new skills. We invest heavily in our team and want our team to invest in us.
If you want to work with us, we advise you to familiarise yourself with our work which can be found on our website and/or attend our 2-day professional intensive in Hereford, 11-12 February (more information available here).
WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
• 3 years dance training and performance experience.
• A high standard of contemporary dance technique with excellent partnering and contact improv skills.
• Excellent fitness, stamina and strength.
• Willingness to work in other areas of the company’s activities inc. Learning/Participation, Technical and Marketing.
• Strong sense of performance and ability to cope with performing multiple roles in multiple genres.
• An interest in developing theatrical and circus skills.
• A good team player with a strong work ethic.
• Permission to work legally in the UK with relevant visas or work permits.
• Willing to relocate to Hereford.
Auditions are by invitation only.
We are holding auditions for male dance artists on the following dates in London.
Saturday 16 March, 2019 – Audition (10.30am – 5.30pm)
Sunday 17 March, 2019 – Recalls (10.30am – 5.30pm)
You must be available for the following dates:
- Audition, London, Saturday 16 March 2019 (10.30am – 5.30pm)
- Recalls, London, Sunday 17 March 2019 (10.30am – 5.30pm)
- Freelance contract 20 – 31 May 2019 – training and creation with Xie Xin
- Start of full-time contract Monday 22 July 2019 – training, creation with Xie Xin and Tamsin Fitzgerald followed by touring.
- End of contract 31 August 2020
TO APPLY FOR AN AUDITION:
Please complete and return the application form, which can be found here.
Complete the application form, submit it along with your CV, two x five minute videos of you dancing and headshot to email@example.com
**The deadline to apply is Monday 4 March at 5pm**