CASTING - Celebrity Cruises - Singers & Dancers
Seeking Union & Non-Union performers. We are looking for true individuals with great vocals and strong personal points of view. Diversity, of all kinds, is strongly encouraged. We are looking for consistency, not cookie-cutter. MUST BE 18+ TO AUDITION.
- FEMALE-IDENTIFYING roles require height of 5’3”-5'9".
- MALE-IDENTIFYING roles require height of 5’8”-6'1."
Please see below for more detailed breakdowns.
Monday, May 14, 2018 - Singers by Appointment
*Agents please submit via Spotlight
Tuesday, May 15, 2018 - Open Call for Singers
*Sign-in 9:30 am for a 10 am start
Wednesday, May 16, 2018 - Singer Recalls by Invitation Only
Thursday, May 17, 2018 - Open Call for Dancers & Dancers who Sing
*Sign-in 9:30 am OR 1:30 pm
(Please select one call to attend.)
Friday, May 18, 2018 - Dancer Recalls by Invitation Only
Pineapple Dance Studios
7 Langley St, Covent Garden
London WC2H 9JA, UK
- MALE 1: [POP TENOR] Quirky, dynamic leading man. Must be comfortable sustaining a Bb and occasionally popping up to a C. Must be comfortable with narrative/dialogue. Playing an instrument and/or forced falsetto a plus. Must have authentic or convincing RP accent. MUST MOVE WELL.
- MALE 2: [BARITONE] Soulful baritone that is full of charm and charisma. Classical voice training and/or rap a plus. Must be able to sustain an A comfortably. MUST MOVE WELL.
- MALE 3: [POP/ROCK BARITENOR] Strong, powerful, and athletic leading man. Musical theatre background, playing an instrument, and aerial experience a plus. Must be able to sustain an A comfortably. MUST MOVE WELL.
- MALE 4: [CHARACTER BARITONE] Larger-than-life stature, personality and voice to match. Must have excellent comedic timing, be comfortable and confident in drag (a la Miss Trunchbull), comfortable singing pop/rock music and able to hold harmonies. Improv experience a plus. Must have authentic or convincing RP accent. MUST MOVE CONFIDENTLY.
- FEMALE 1: [POP/ROCK BELTER] Pop/Rock powerhouse. Commanding presence that is full of star quality a la Beyoncé or Jennifer Lopez. Must have high belt to F. MUST MOVE WELL.
- FEMALE 2: [POP SOPRANO] Vulnerable and ethereal leading lady with great comedic timing. Pop/MT soprano (legit to D6 comfortably, belt to a D, mix/belt to an F5). MUST MOVE WELL.
- FEMALE 3: [POP/MT BELTER] Charming and passionate leading lady. Must be comfortable singing harmony. Experience with folk music and acapella a plus. Must be comfortable belting and sustaining an E/F. MUST MOVE WELL.
- FEMALE 4: [POP/ROCK BELTER] Ferocious belter able to play a myriad of beguiling and villainous roles. Undeniably alluring and sultry. Must be comfortable in revealing clothing. MUST BE A VERY STRONG MOVER.
- MALE & FEMALE DANCERS WHO SING/SINGERS WHO DANCE: Seeking true triple threats. We require experienced and technically trained vocalists with a strong dance background in jazz, ballet, commercial and partnering. All Female dancers must be able to perform in 3" heels including leaps, turns, floor drops & partnering. Women must have a strong pop/rock belt to D and men (baritenors) to an A4 or (tenors) to a C4. Must be capable of understudying lead vocalist tracks as well as performing in the ensemble of dancers. Those interested must attend our dance call first.
- MALE & FEMALE DANCERS: Seeking fit, athletic and technically trained dancers with a strong background in jazz, ballet, contemporary, commercial, tap & partnering. Male dancers must have a strong physique and be capable of lifts. Females should have lean silhouettes and be able to perform in 3" heels including turns, leaps, floor drops & partnering. Gymnastics, aerial training, tumbling and partnering skills are a plus.
WHAT TO BRING: Please bring a stapled headshot and resume to the audition. Vocalists should bring their best 16 bars (preferably pop/rock) and have their repertoire books ready if asked. Women should be prepared to dance in 3" heels and men should bring character/jazz shoes. Dancers who Sing - please bring your repertoire book as you may be asked to sing the same day. An accompanist will be provided at the auditions and sheet music in the proper key is required.