CASTING - VIRGIN VOYAGES CRUISE LINE - SINGERS
Virgin Voyages, the brand new cruise line are searching for their inaugural entertainment team.
Randy Weiner, The 7 Fingers, Sam Pinkleton & Ani Taj productions onboard Virgin Voyages’ Scarlet Lady.
Seeking magnetic, playful, amazing singers for three shows onboard Virgin Voyages’ inaugural ship, the Scarlet Lady:
Sam Pinkleton & Ani Taj’s UNTITLED DANCESHOWPARTYTHING, a hype music video disguised as an absurdist style dance party.
The 7 Fingers’ SHIPS IN THE NIGHT, an emotion-filled contemporary experience telling its story through the use of cutting edge digital projection interwoven with the authenticity of the human condition.
Randy Weiner’s ANOTHER ROSE, a dinner party that combines theatre, dance, variety, music, intimate moments, and a multicourse meal, hosted by an alluring and free-spirited Chanteuse who encourages guests to explore new relationships and engage with one another in unique and daring ways.
BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
Date: Tuesday 2nd April 2019
Venue: Given once appointment has been confirmed
All preparation instructions will be given once appointment is confirmed.
To be considered for an appointment, please contact your representation or email email@example.com with your headshot/resume/any performance reels and “Virgin Voyages Amazing Singer” in the subject line. Please note that not everyone who submits will be given an appointment.
We are just as interested in the comprehensive representation of a diverse humanity as we are in finding exceptional talent when casting our ground-breaking entertainment for Virgin Voyages. So, if you think you don’t fit the breakdown, SHOW UP. You think you’re the wrong size, color, gender…whatever, YOU’RE NOT. WE WANT YOU. SHOW UP, show us your stuff and LET’S HAVE SOME FUN.
- ONE UNICORN VOCALIST – Female or Non-Binary. An utterly singular vocal force with stratospheric pipes and a strong sense of humor about herself and the show. Performs an unexpected set of 90s hits with total self-seriousness. Must dance well.
SHIPS IN THE NIGHT
- LEAD MC/SINGER – The part was written “on” a male actor but could be female or anywhere on the gender spectrum. It is important that this MC can play any and all genders in surprising ways. Vocal style: Glam rock singer, in the style of David Bowie, Rufus Wainright, Justin Vivian Bond. High, rock sound capable of singing “G’s” and “A’s” consistently. Ability to sing in falsetto range a plus. Must be VERY strong vocally and character acting as well as addressing the audience directly. Minimal dance/movement. All sizes and colors welcome. Will harness fly over the audience.
- THE CHANTEUSE- Female/Gender non-conforming/Non-binary/Trans-femme – able to read as 30-50 – alto/mezzo-soprano with incredible vocal talent that’s comfortable with jazz, R&B and pop. Will take the lead on many songs – our host, we’re all here because they’ve invited us. Captivating, mysterious, magnetic. When they are in the room, we can’t take our eyes away. Elegant and sheltered. Loving and generous. The emotional center of the evening. Immersive performance experience a plus.
- LILY – Female – able to read as 20-30 – singer/actor – pop/rock alto with incredible vocal talent, will take the lead on many songs and be part of a trio of back-up singers – will play Lily, Sofia’s wilder cousin. Spunky, fun, and mischievous, Energetic. Curious and inquisitive. Loving. Good comedic timing. Clown skills and experience a plus. Playing instruments, a plus. Immersive performance experience a plus.
- PRIEST- Female – able to read as 25-45 – singer/actor – pop/rock alto with incredible vocal talent, will take the lead on many songs and be part of a trio of back-up singers – will also play many ensemble clown roles as well as the priest in the wedding of Sofia and Indigo. Imposing presence, elegant, traditional. Good comedic timing. Clown skills and experience a plus. Playing instruments a plus. Immersive performance experience a plus.
- COLIN- Male – able to read as 35-55 – singer/actor/clown – high rock tenor with incredible vocal talent, will take the lead on many songs and be part of a trio of back-up singers – will also play many ensemble clown roles as well as Colin, the chef at the wedding. Wild energy, a true clown. A good improvisor. Good comedic timing. Clown skills and experience a plus. Playing instruments, a plus. Immersive performance experience a plus.
+ All performers should be proficient in English.
+ All performers should be 21 or older.
Rehearsals beginning in NYC January 2020
4-5 months at sea
Performer minimum $1000/week
No traditional cruise staff duties
Travel and lodging provided